Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Rainy west coast weather

I am on countdown to changing homes and so the focus is on finishing!
This is the third triangle quilt made from a kit started 3 years ago. I decided to make two preemie quilts plus this one from all the leftover triangles that I had cut.  I added two borders to make the quilt large enough to use for donation.
A preemie quilt from a kit handed out last month at guild.
This is a combination of two ideas I gleaned from Missouri Star and Fat Quarter shop.  I used this as a sample for a guild mini workshop to go with making quilts from jelly roll strips and also included how to make 8 half square triangles from a 10" square.


This is quilt number four from the tops sent to the Fraser Valley Modern quilt guild to be finished and donated where we choose.  I was given quilt tops to finish that were appropriate for Quilts of Valour and this one needed borders added to get it to the right size for donation.  A friend had given me this fabric and I thought the moose and bears worked nicely around the edge of the quilt.  I took a couple of close up pictures because this quilt demonstrates a perfect way to include the Oh Canada fabric from Northcott that is like a panel with a variety of sizes of prints of animals and RCMP on horseback.  That fabric can be a challenge to figure out how to use it and this quilt included the blocks in each of the blocks using a variety of techniques but all based on the Cheryl Arkison slab block.
My last project that I want to complete is to stitch up the final two blocks in the Sew Sisters monthly program to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday this year.  The blocks arrived in the mail yesterday so am off to start cutting and stitching!






No comments:

Post a Comment