Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016

The usual, lots of starts and in progress and a few finishes

I have managed to quilt a couple of quilts.  I have a 16 patch floral quilt put together from blocks made by my Wednesday Diva group.  We decided that using up some floral fabrics in the 16 patch blocks would be a good use of older fabric.  The binding is made and has since been stitched onto the quilt and it is waiting for the handstitching.  This will be donated to Hospice.


And talking about floral fabrics, thanks to Penny who is in my Wednesday Quilting Diva group, she suggested cutting 10 squares from my fabrics.  And then cutting 5" neutral squares and stitching a square on the opposite corners of the block.  I put a second row of stitching inside the first row, leaving enough room between them to cut apart and so have a nice stack of hst's happening.






I have another floral 16 patch on my design wall, same group making the blocks and same place for donation, Hospice.



And the runner for the SPCA auction is waiting for me to get it quilted and the appliqué stitched down. 
When I made my sugar almonds quilt from a jelly roll, the kit I originally bought had a stack of 10" squares in it.  The fabric is called Origins and I didn't want to make the pattern that was included.  It was a real bargain on Thrifty Thursday from Hamel's.  So, the cake plates were cut up and this is what is happening on my design wall.  Cool water from Villa Rosa. Kind of retro colours?


I have two quilts finished and bound and labelled but forgot to take pictures so maybe I will have to blog sooner rather than later to get those pictures included in my finishes for July.


No comments:

Post a Comment