Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Here comes October, Hallowe'en month!


 Hallowe'en month... one of my nieces just loves October and she is into all things Hallowe'en so I made her these pillowcases and will get them in the mail asap.




 I have a few quilt finishes... still more that need to be quilted and bound but this is a start!
Lemonade which is a free pattern by the Fat Quarter Shop.  Made from 10" squares and I added to a Holly Taylor layer cake pack with some of my own fabrics to make this large enough for Quilts of Valour.

And Busy Bee is a Villa Rosa pattern that uses fat quarters.  I dug into my stash of autumn colours and then put them all together.  A total stash quilt.  And even better, finished for Quilts of Valour.






I had a pack of cake plates called Celebrations and I used a free pattern from Hamel's quilt shop to make this.  Goes together quickly.  Not so sure this will be for Quilts of Valour but I did play around with some different quilting on this and tried vertical parallel lines.  I need to get out of my rut of quilting everything the same.  Love the happy colours in this quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment