Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Less than a week left in August

I have less than a week to cross off some projects from my list for this month.  I have been busy finishing up a few preemie quilts and also have some quilt tops made, ready for layering, quilting and binding.  Not a totally unproductive month!
We have smoke from forest fires overwhelming us some days.  Isn't stopping me from playing tennis daily but sure makes for a lot of soot in the air.  

I have been working on Preemie quilts for our local hospital NICU or special care nursery.
I have made six but these are the first three that are quilted and bound and labelled... ready to go!

Each one has a different binding and I used two different patterns that I got with charm packs purchased from the Needle and I in Burnaby this spring.

And I worked on another row by row, this one from Grandma's Attic in WA.

A girlie quilt made from a Jolly Bar kit from the Fat Quarter shop.  I figured out a pattern by copying something from their website.  Pretty in pastel.  Add another top to add to the list of what needs quilting.

This was the second of three jolly bar kits from Fat Quarter shop and I followed a Villa Rosa pattern for this one but made it larger than the pattern.  Was originally thinking of it for Quilts of Valour but now that I am collecting quilts from the Fraser Valley for fire victims in Rock Creek, it might get quilted and donated to that worthy cause.  So much sadness for those that have lost their homes and contents because of forest fires this summer.

This is a layer cake that threw me for a bit of a loop when I put the blocks up on my design wall... am sure I have just spent so much playing with 'modern' quilt ideas (with lots of calm neutrals) and this one is very bright and at first, felt overwhelming... am getting used it and my Wednesday Quilt Diva group really liked the blocks and colours and brightness so am living with it for awhile until I decide on sashing the blocks or no sashing and just go for it!


Bonnie Hunter on her Quiltville site has put out a tumbler challenge for leaders and enders so I cut up a bunch of odds and ends fabrics that were a bit girly and this is what is happening so far! Bright and happy and definitely scrappy. 

So, there you have my production from the last few weeks. Preemies will get finished and I think September will have a long list of tops ready for quilting and binding. They are predicting rain for us here in the Pacific Northwest which is wonderful for the forest fires, trees, plants and the grass (and maybe I will be able to wash my car in the rain?)... but will mess up tennis.... but will keep me home and maybe more projects will get finished? 

No comments:

Post a Comment