Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

mid July and plodding along

I am not too sure where I got all my energy in May to accomplish what I did?  June and July have been a lot slower though I do seem to have things started here, there and everywhere.

First, I had to make a mug rug for a swap that I am in... the theme was sewing/quilting/crafting and this is what I made and it is in the mail, heading to my swap partner in the southeast U.S.





Ooops, sideways, oh well, you can turn your head!

My orange swap blocks got finished into a quilt.  The Wednesday quilting group that I belong to, swapped orange squares last year and I used them plus added more as well as a turquoise sashing to turn the blocks into a donation quilt.  I am not overly thrilled with the final quilt, not really something that I love, but it is warm, large enough and hopefully will find a home with someone who likes orange and finds it sunny, warm and comforting.




My design wall has my chevron blocks being added to the design as I get them trimmed. This is a good thing as these blocks have been hanging around way too long. 




And you see the start of another preemie quilt on the left with fun 5" squares and strips of white.

I also am slowly working on my row by row blocks and today added a few to my collection! 




And thus goes July.  Two weeks left to see what I can accomplish and finish up!

No comments:

Post a Comment