Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2015

June is a slower month for finishing

I seem to have slowed down even though I have three quilt tops that are waiting patiently for me to get them layered and quilted.  One day at a time.
In the meantime, I have been sidetracked (distracted?) by some other other activities.  Last week there were two guild meetings to attend.  And with lovely weather, 4 mornings of tennis, my rose garden got pruned.  Sadly, my windows are still in need of some TLC.  One day....

This project is finished however!  And I love it.  The pattern was intended for it to be a bench pillow but I decided that a table runner or wall hanging was more appropriate for my house.  Time to get my Canada Day display organized... only 17 days away!


When I got the mail this week, what a wonderful surprise was waiting.  I had been notified that I had won a surprise prize from Fat Quarter Shop and Kimberly Jolly had emailed me asking for my address.  I had no idea what I had won... well...LOOK!!

I was absolutely delighted and thrilled... another project awaits! 

This sampler is ancient.  The blocks were from an advanced sampler class that I was teaching at the Otter Co-op in Aldergrove, back when they sold fabric and let us use their conference room for classes.  That was a very long time ago so am guessing this is at least 15 years old and perhaps older than that!  The blocks have travelled from Aldergrove to Abbotsford to Arizona and last winter, was determined to get it finished into a useable donation quilt.  I didn't have enough background fabric to work with so found some Moda that went with it and then I created the setting flying geese to make the quilt large enough.  It is quilted, bound and just needs a label and off it will go to a new home.  Am doing a happy dance about this finish!


The last few Fridays, some friends and I have got together to work on a quilt for a good friend of ours.  It will be a surprise so I am not saying anymore about this.  But it was a labour of love and we enjoyed the process.  I will post more after the recipient has been given the quilt.

I have another quilt loaded, ready to quilt, for my good buddy who needs it done quickly so that will be today's project.  This coming week is filled with tennis and an eye appointment but I hope to work on some of my quilt tops that are calling my name.  I also have a few new projects that I am working on but my days of sewing all day seem to have passed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment