Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Busy but need to get something finished... anything!

I managed to find the plastic linen zip containers to hold a few quilts that I am sending to Edmonton for Quilts of Valour.  A kind friend has offered to take these so we can avoid shipping costs which is a huge savings for QOV.  Each quilt is in a pillowcase and they are ready for me to drop off tomorrow.


I am working on making some labels for the Quilts of Valour that I have finished recently.





And, I need to make more pillowcases for Quilts of Valour so cut out some fabric but need to find matching fabric for cuffs and accent strip.





I am in the midst of working on using up some of my purple fabrics in the St. Louis 16 patch and need to get busy because every time the sliding glass door gets opened, the wicked breeze blows the blocks off my design wall!




This morning, while waiting for my eye surgery, I picked apart some of the extra strips from these blocks and think I will play around with adding in some blocks that have a four patch in the center and then bordered by plain strips to set off the 16 patches.  So these are ready to be sewn.




In this picture you also see the bindings that are ready to be joined and then stitched onto the two waiting quilts.  Quilted, just need the binding and labels and I will have two more finishes.  Trying hard to get these done before the end of the month.
So... lots of things to do and not much getting done but am working towards my various goals slowly.  I always admire quilters who work on one thing at a time.  Sadly, I would love to do that but I get easily distracted by something new to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment