Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Ending September

First day of fall and my house is decorated, though minimally.  I am on countdown to changing houses so am trying to finish up a few projects.

I did finish my geraniums wallhanging, finally.  I started it in summer 2013 and somehow just didn't get around to quilting and binding it until this week.


Our modern guild gave quilts to two of our founders on the guild's 4th anniversary.  There was a work party to put together stars that we all contributed but I had to miss that due to having company in August so offered to do the binding on one of the quilts.  Fun, funky stars.  



I also finally completed my modern metallic challenge.  I missed the deadline by a few months so went ahead and made it larger than the guidelines.  Finished!! 


We have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year and they are under the upstairs patio so, should be protected from weather (current rain/drizzle) that we are having though maybe the ripening will slow down a bit! 



My last 5 pictures were taken at the Countryside quilters show in Langley this past Saturday.  They had the quilts arranged on pews and it looked spectacular although a bit difficult to photograph favourites.  I took pictures of quilts that I thought were great scrappy ideas.  






No comments:

Post a Comment