Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

 Getting Quilts of Valour ready to send to Edmonton for Wounded Warriors.  Finally took them all to U Haul and bought a box ($5... great deal, thanks for the idea, Susan).  Sent them off happily but the box weighed 60lb. Makes me think I might suggest quilters use a poly batting instead of cotton so the quilts are not so heavy! 






 A Tonga batik kit that I purchased at the last quilt show I attended.  Simple pattern and have pulled out a bunch of batik strips of my own to make a couple more.  Will make great Quilts of Valour. 
 


Another Tonga kit that is for a table runner.  Loved this pattern idea as well.  It uses 5" charm squares.

Playing with wonky stars blocks.  Fun to make these.





The modern quilt guild had some bags made and the muslin was supposed to be canvas.  They were pretty thin so we decided to each do something to make them more sturdy and I wanted mine to stand up on it's own.  Added batting and lining to the bag and then made an outside pocket and added that.  I think it looks better in person than in the picture. 




And tonight, we had some special visitors to our front and back yards. 




No comments:

Post a Comment