I wrote some goals for the month of March and have three days left to try to complete them. I watched season three of Downton Abbey yesterday and today, sort of a marathon session for both watching the show and getting some quilting and piecing done as well as making bindings and adding them to my quilt tops.
The boxes quilt has the binding added to it.
I have three quilts to bind. One I quilted yesterday and today and added the binding. One of the quilts in the stack belongs to Bonnie and is a shop sample for our local quilt shop and the third is the sample I pieced last week and it is now quilted and ready for binding.
On my design wall is a Thangles block of the month sample that I am working on for the shop. Not my favourite, working with blocks this small but it will go together quickly and am aiming for two blocks a day so it should be done by the end of the week.
Now, I really need to get some housework, laundry and some fitness added into my routine. Enough sewing and tv watching for a few days! Will return Downton Abbey to the library and wait for season three which will be about 4 weeks. There are 300 ahead of me on the wait list and 100 copies!
This quilt is very old and a bit embarrassing. I took a quilt kit from the Langley guild a few years ago (more than a few years ago) and never made the quilt. It sat here in my ufo bin and then it went to AZ and sat in the UFO bin there.
But, the good news is that it is finished and I will turn it into the guild even though I am no longer a member. Feels good to have this one finished!
Oh my goodness. Quilting hasn't been happening in my life for the last few weeks but am keen to get going on all the tops that I made during the winter. I have 18 projects to quilt and a long list of kits and projects that I want to make!
I rearranged my sewing space so that I can watch tv while sewing. I got hooked on the Downton Abbey series and have just completed watching series one and two. Am waiting for series three from the local library.
So far I have finished some thread catchers to be given to my Quilt Diva friends on their birthdays. And, I finished a young UFO. The baby quilt was made from leftovers from my hexagon quilt I made last summer. I found some matching fabric in my 'other' sewing in my winter home and put the top together.
It is a beginning. I have lots to work on over the next month or two. The Abbotsford quilt show is coming up in early June and many of my quilt tops have been entered in the show so I need to get them finished!
Finally success in posting pictures. I have no idea what the problem is/was but switched to my laptop and it all worked just fine when I uploaded the pictures.