Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I had a few busy weeks sewing and piecing which got interrupted by company from California and then it took me awhile to get myself motivated to get back at it.  The room looked so nice and clean with no messy bits of thread and fabric.

I am embarrassed to post this first project.  Many years ago, I picked up a kit to make a donation quilt from the Langley Quilter's guild and it has remained at the bottom of my tote here in Arizona.  The good part is that I have completed the blocks and am in the process of stitching the blocks together.  It will go home with me in March and I will endeavour to get it quilted and bound and returned back to that guild for their donation program.



I did get the blocks joined for my project from the Cozy Quilt shop.


And I played with making wonky blogs.  I have seen the idea in a few places but Cathy's blog, Blueberry Patch got me motivated.



I had fun with some jelly roll strips.  This is a free pattern on Moda Bakeshop.



Finally, these purple blocks from a swap, many years ago (didn't even recognize any of the names on the blocks), got bordered and put together. 



So, I am getting somewhere.. slowly, but surely.

1 comment:

  1. I have been so occupied with 'other' things I have not even been reading quilting blogs, but I do like that tradewinds block -- not too sure about the placemats tho -- a bit bright for my rainy greys accustomed eyes, I think...

    ReplyDelete