Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hockey is back

Hockey is back so that means more time for me in my sewing room.  Golfing and Super Bowl on Sunday gave me some time as well. 

I added a yellow outer border to the flying geese quilt I made a few weeks ago.  This quilt is on its way home to Canada to wait for me to get home and get it quilted and bound. 
 
 
I came across the beginnings of a quilt from some fabrics that were similiar to Thimbleberries and I found some charms in my stash as well as yardage that seemed to go with it so I added more rows to make a decent size donation quilt. 
 
 
Using more of the fabrics in my Aunt Gracie/reproduction container, I began working with a fun ruler that makes half hexagons.  A simple way to make hexagons so this one is waiting for me to add an outer border.
 
 
I had some leftover flying geese from the first baby quilt I made so I cut up some more fabric and made a few more and have enough to make another. 

Next, I will cut up some of the fat quarters into two Yellow Brick Road quilts and work on that and I will still have fabric left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment