Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

When it rains in Arizona....

When it rains, especially when it wasn't predicted, I get to sew.  Tennis practise and fun play times were cancelled and I headed into my sewing room and have been there for 5 hours. 

First I decided to finish up my Dick and Jane quilt top.  This is a very old UFO, not sure exactly how old, but a friend remembered that I probably bought from Carola's quilt shop in Gibsons, BC - and it would have been at a quilt show. 



Then I started making more blocks from the last of the Diva Swap.

 
 
But, then I got bored with making these and started playing with some of my old fabrics... some Aunt Gracie's and some repro fabrics that have been in a bag for years, probably from way back when I though I might want to make a Dear Jane quilt?   I had purchased the 4" x 8" flying geese ruler from Eleanor Burns and started playing with that technique. They are on the right hand side of my design wall.  I think this will become a demo for the Sunland Stitchers.
 

 
 
The other technique I am playing with is a hexagon ruler from Missouri start quilts and am cutting up more of my 'old' fabrics.  The problem with this one is that you have to have the entire thing ready to go before you can begin the piecing?  I have the same hexie ruler for using with charms.  This one is large, working with 10" squares - of course, I am using scraps from the 'bag'.
 
I had a friend tell me that my picture of my bargello table runner was fuzzy so am trying again with my pictures of that project.
 

 
 
That, my friends, is what I did today.  Made a mess in my sewing room but did complete a flimsy, ready to head home for quilting and binding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment