Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Baker's dozen and two more finished quilts

I have made 13 blocks for the Hugs across the nation using Stonehenge, Oh Canada fabric.  Hopefully enough variety to motivate quilters in my guild to buy some fabric and make a few blocks.  Northcott is donating money from all fabric purchased in this line, to Quilts of Valour, so that is a good thing. 
There are two local shops carrying the fabric: Wineberries and Fabricana.  Wineberries had two full bolts last week of each fabric. 


I have a quilt finished and ready for show and tell at guild tomorrow.  This is one that used a block called "Mary's block" or Three triangles and a square and was a class I took way back in 1995 from Suzanne Tessier Hammond, based on her book, The Value of Value.   Thanks to Bonnie for quilting this top for me.





And one more quilt that I made using my Lazy Angle ruler.  A great way to use up some strips out of my scrap strip container.  And one more huge thanks to Bonnie for quilting this one as well.  Now I am ready for guild tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment