Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two finishes! Yippee

I have two finishes and am so happy.  My list of projects to get layered, quilted and bound is long, all from my winter sewing efforts but today, two got crossed off!  I am smiling. 

This first project is my Thimbleberries Canadiana quilt.  I am not sure of the age of this UFO but am guessing at least four years and maybe five?  It is done!  Still thinking about whether to keep it for myself or use it as a Quilt of Valour.



This second finish is a quilt top that was given to me for Quilts of Valour by Susan, a guild member.  I layered, quilted and bound the top and it is finished, added to my slowly growing pile of quilts for this worthy cause.  Thank you Susan! 

Now, back to my sewing machine.  I have two blue and white quilts all quilted, waiting for binding as well as  my guild mystery all quilted and waiting for binding.  I found a small Christmas table topper with one block in it heading in the wrong direction so that needs to be fixed but I did the 'ripit' stitch last night.  My Quilt Divas house blocks are layered and waiting for quilting.  And I have three quilts which I want to load on the B-line and quilt them.  A long arm quilter in Mission is quilting one of my QOV quilts and I have another for her when she gets the first one done.  QOV is always looking for long arm quilters if that is an area that interests you. 

Since we are addicted to Coronation Street, a good use of time to sit and hand sew down my bindings.  And this crummy rainy west coast weather has been great for giving me sewing machine time without feeling guilty that I am not in the garden or washing windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment