Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

And, one more ufo bites the dust!

My last blue and white, Quilt of Valour, UFO is completely finished.  Yippeeeee.  This is the third one that I made from blocks that were swapped January 2010 with my Funtalk group.  Mitts was our fearless organizer and I ended up with all the extra blocks plus I made a lot more of my own and this is the last result of my efforts.
I added the border that says "our home and native land" - so perfect for a Canadian quilt of Valour and am sad that Fabricland doesn't have anymore of this great fabric. 


Having finished this UFO, and with two more finished except for handstitching the bindings, I decided to do a major clean up and then get ready to quilt (buttonhole stitch aka Patchabilities) my last project that I am determined to do here at home.  Still have a few projects to load onto the B-line and get quilted but all in good time.  Sun is here for the next few days and need to go outside and attack the vicious weeds that keep appearing.  I think vinegar will be my choice for weeds that are totally obnoxious?
Tomorrow is guild meeting and I am taking a free motion quilting class.  I know, I can do it but you always come away with new ideas and inspiration when you take a class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment