Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Working on a table runner.

I am working on a table runner for Christmas.  The pattern is called Dec la Table and it is a bargello style project which requires slow and careful stitching to maintain your seam allowances and keep your strips and seams straight.  Not like me to be sewing with patience!

This project is a kit that was given to me last Christmas by friends Trish and Pat and was quite a surprise when it arrived in my mailbox in Arizona. 

So, stay tuned for my progress.  This is what I have done so far.  I think this is going to end up being quite stunning!!

I have finished the bindings on my monthly wall hangings from the book Count on It and added the buttons to the October hanging.  All ready for the coming months - what a good feeling. 





And, my Maui Sunset, to be renamed Mesa Sunset is ready to be layered and quilted although a friend who looked at the picture thinks I need to examine the lower left corner and check to make sure I haven't messed up my layout?  hmmmm  Looks like I will frog stitching



1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like the blocks you've made. Can't wait to see the bargello as you work through same.
    LindaC

    ReplyDelete