Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

End of March

The weather has cooled off considerably so am spending less time hiding in my sewing room.  I have managed to complete the challenge for our guild's quilt show in June.  The title was "play the card you're dealt" and mine is completed.  Can you guess which playing card I was given?

I played with the Clover brand heart shaped yo-yo maker - was easy and fun to make them.

We have two weeks left before we head back to cooler temperatures and rain - ugh - but will be nice to be home. 

At the quilt show here, they put up a display of all my Valentine's quilted table toppers and wallhangings.


I have spent some time working on the paper pieced blocks for a swap with my Wednesday Quilt Diva group.  They are finally done and sent off on their merry way to the recipients.  It took me much longer than anticipated but I was happy with the freezer paper technique I used on these blocks.  My friends won't have to rip off the paper because this method was a little different than regular paper piecing. 

My funky house blocks for the Urban Living quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment