Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome Fall

At 8pm this evening, fall officially begins.  Funny how it always feels like fall long before the actual, official start of the season?
I have brought the Rubbermaid container out of the attic and gone through my quilts and wallhangings as well as table runners and table toppers and my house now has autumnal decor in the living and dining rooms.
One of my yahoo groups, Fiberwizards, posted a very cute, extremely quick to make, pumpkin wallhanging last week so I sat down on Sunday and it was as fast as promised! 


One reason I was able to sit and sew on Sunday was the incredible amount of rain that fell that morning... definately a stay inside and keep dry kind of day!  The gutters couldn't handle the amount of water that came from the skies and overflowed drastically!  The bonus of all this rain in September (we have tripled the average September rainfall) is that fields and grass are green although, means back to cutting weekly!

Yesterday and today are gorgeous fall days - time to dig out some of my outside fall items that I like to have in my yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment