Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Crazy September weather

This is the craziest September weather... we were warm and comfortable on Saturday with the doors and windows open and by Saturday evening, needed the gas fireplaces on and everything shut as we got bombarded with rain!  It continued to rain until this afternoon, when, once again, it was warm and a perfect summery afternoon?  With all the rain, I managed to accomplish a few more necessary projects. 

The first is a quilt top that I made for my neighbour.  He owns a quilt shop and is off to Alberta to the sewing and quilting shows and this will showcase some of their newest fabrics.  Cute and fun for a child! 

I also managed to get the blocks joined and a border added on my Autumn harvest quilt.  This is a Debbie Mumm pattern available for free on her website. 

My Orion Star, a Quilt in a Day with Eleanor Burns pattern has the borders added and ready for quilting.  I have a few quilts here that I need to get layered, quilted and bound! 

  It feels good to be back quilting and actually accomplishing some projects.  We also have had the painter here finishing up some of the final painting after our house fire in June.  Hopefully our home will be fresh and clean and ready for us to list it for sale next Spring? 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Carolyn....do you ever sleep? You are remarkably productive these days.
    Well done.
    Darc
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete